Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy Holidays!

Bradley's Head

I trust that you all had a wonderful Christmas, filled with laughter, food and a little bit of lunacy thrown in for good measure. I know I did! Our family celebrates with a Noche Beuna, a midnight feast on Christmas Eve, followed by a ritual of opening presents.

Seeing as we celebrate Christmas, on the eve, it meant that we had all of Christmas day to lounge, laze and loll in whatever fashion befitted us, so we decided to do our lounging at Bradley's Head near Mosman. And a
lthough, thunderstorms and rain seemed to be the prevailing overture for the Christmas weekend, there suddenly came a change in weather as the sun managed to make an appearance and emerged from the cover of clouds, just in time. Although I was revelling in the possibility of this rain easing many people’s misery over the Christmas season, I was undoubtedly glad to see the sun after all those dreary clouds.

A great afternoon was spent frolicking at Bradley’s Head and then it was off to Georges Head for some picnicking; with cheese, crackers, a bucket of prawns and the obligatory bottle of champagne. Bottoms up, everyone!

City Skyline from Bradley's Head

As I pat my full rounded belly, all I can say is that I hope you continue to enjoy this holiday season, eat up, be merry and seize every moment you have in 2006!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. I'm glad you had such a lovely holiday!

Brilynn said...

I love the last pic, the weather looks beautiful... we had rain Christmas day.

shaz said...

I was in sydney 2 years back and its really a lovely place. Merry Christmas to you! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures! I subscribe to Donna Hay and what I love about the Christmas issue (and the Christmas issue of ALL Australian magazines) is how it is both Christmas and summer :) And instead of snow (not that I have any!) and huge roasts, you have prawns and tans! Lovely! :)

Glad to hear your holidays were good...Happy new year! :)

Patricia Scarpin said...

Jenjen, what a beautiful place!

Christmas in Brazil is hot, too, and we also celebrate the eve. Going to the beach for Xmas is something we do a lot here!

I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday and I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Loney Kitchen said...

Happy Holidays to you! Noche buena here in Negros Island, Philippines Usually ham, ensaymada, Bas-oy, what is Noche Buena Sydney style?

Anonymous said...

When I read ...a little bit of lunacy thrown in for good measure...I know why I keep coming back.
Happy Holiday to you and all you love.

Tea said...

Gorgeous photos! We had some sun on Christmas day here in Northern California, but nothing like warmth.
Glad you had such a lovely day.

Jen said...

Kristen- Thanks! The beautiful weather made it very easy to have a relaxing Christmas Day. Hope you had a great christmas too.

Brilynn- Thank you. I thought we would be having a rainy Christmas although it fined up in the end there. I'm sure your Christmas was great, even with the wet weather.

Shaz- I couldn't agree more, Sydney is a great place. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.
Hope you can come back again sometime : )

Joey- Hehehe, I love how you said that instead of snow, we have prawns and tans. I would have to say that you are right on both counts, because we did have prawns and I definitely got a tan with all that frolicking in the sun! Hope you had a great New Year too!

Helen- I'll drink to that! And it looks like the rain decided to hold out and not to ruin our NYE celebrations, it was a fantastic night!
Wish you a fantastic 2007.

Patricia Scarpin- Happy New Year!!!
I think I would be very at home in Brazil, since we celebrate Christmas in the same kind of way. I just love the beach.

Loney Kitchen- Happy New Year to you as well!
Our Noche Buena usually consists of a massive seafood platter with lots and lots of prawns, a roast of some sort and some rice of course. Maybe some fresh lumpia and leche flan for dessert!

Tanna- I knew you couldn't get enough of that lunacy. I think everyone needs a bit of crazy sometimes, it can be quite fun!
Hope you had a safe and happy new year!!

Tea- I hope you had a lovely Christmas and a really smashing New Year in northen California. It's such a beauitful part of the world up there!